Earl Davenport was a Director of Design at the Bank Building & Equipment Corporation until 1952. He was also considered one of the top Design Architects on staff. In an interview with W.A. Sarmiento, he recalled that Davenport was well versed in the Classical, Neo-classical, Beaux Arts, and Bauhaus styles of architecture. Davenport’s last commission was as designer for the Perpetual Building Association headquarters in Washington, D.C. (1953).